Friday, September 8, 2017

New Travel Products


I wish I could get to a point where I say, "I'm done! I have every travel product I could possibly need and have curated the perfect collection of travel items."

But then I laugh and laugh. 

The travel industry is full of ingenuity and creativity. Looking back to the suitcase I had in college, I'm glad that designers keep upping their game. That thing was state of the art back then. I can't believe I actually lugged it onto places as my carry on. It weighed a ton empty. Put clothes in it and watch out.

I have since upgraded, most recently to Away Travel suitcases. I have the two carry-on sizes. They wheel around like a dream, fit all kinds of stuff, are smartly designed on the inside, and they have a lithium ion battery that I can use to charge all kinds of things. That's right folks, I can charge my iPhone with my suitcase.

I also have Away's new tote bag, which I'm not sure I'll use for longer trips but am already using as my regular work bag. I wish it was just a smidge bigger so as to hold my 15" laptop, and I'm a bit concerned that the straps won't hold up over time. But for now, it's a worthy option for shorter trips and I love that it attaches to the handle of my wheelie case and zips closed at the top. 

I have fallen in love with Eagle Creek packing cubes. I have several of the compression variety. These things are genius. You can pack way more than you think you can in them, and then compress them down. These have totally changed the way I pack. 

Yesterday, I splurged and bought a pair of Bose wireless noise cancelling headphones. I have coveted these for a while but just couldn't justify the expense, telling myself that I didn't travel enough (yet...) to make it worth spending the money. However, not only do I have a long haul trip coming up, but I work in an open office environment, where the background noise can be louder than I realize sometimes. I love that these headphones are wireless and they block out the world like a dream. They have a rechargeable lithium ion battery that can hold a charge for twenty hours and that I can recharge using my suitcase when I travel. I can't wait to use them. 
Lastly, I have been looking to streamline my makeup repertoire and in particular wanted to find some all natural products that are good for my skin. I found a starter kit with Bare Minerals where you get a one month supply of their daily makeup regimen - primer, powder foundation, concealer, finishing powder, two brushes - for all of sixteen bucks at a labor day sale yesterday. This is perfect to give these products a try and if they work as well as I think they will, I can buy another of these kits to use as travel size products while I buy the full size products for use at home. Anything to streamline travel yet help me stay with my routine, especially with regards to skincare, is a gift. 

PS I'm super excited about the new travel backpack that I ordered from Riut, a British start-up that specializes in travel bags. It comes today!

No comments:

Post a Comment