Friday, April 1, 2016

Travel gear (NOT an April Fools' Day post)


A good friend suggested packing cubes, which are small bags to help you sort your things when packing. The goal is to let you still roll your clothes but in such a way that maximizes space and lets you access your clothes more easily throughout your trip. I have been loving rolling my clothes these last few trips because it saves so much space vs folding them, but I've been rolling them all in one giant log, which means that when I get to where I'm going, I have to unroll the whole darn thing to get anything out.

I was able to score a set off off-brand cubes from Amazon for twenty bucks. Today, I tried them for the first time. I was skeptical. I felt like I was creating more work for myself with all of this rolling and sorting. 

And then, I put the cubes in my suitcase and something glorious happened. Not only did everything fit, but I didn't come close to using all of the space in my suitcase. I got everything I need for my eight day trip into one 21" carry on bag with room to spare! 

It's official: I love packing cubes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment