Friday, April 8, 2016

Aquarium!

I have been waiting all week to get to the Houston aquarium! As a former zoo professional, I visit zoos and aquariums with a discerning eye. I don't just look at the animals. I pay attention to signage and trash cans and overall customer service. Is the restroom clean? Are there staff members available to answer questions? Is the signage clear and well written?

But, also, I really love the animals. I got all giddy when I saw the octopus and the red bellied piranha (that look like they're wearing glitter), and I did not expect to see white tigers and was blown away by them. Which is saying a lot, because I used to handle penguins and an Indian Python (among other animals) for a living.

The best part about this place is that they are open in the evenings so I could take full advantage after my conference panels today. 

Here are some photos from my visit: 
That's the aquarium on the right plus their Ferris wheel! 

Octopus selfie!

Glitter fish. (I mean, red bellied piranha)

He is just so cool. 

Totally unexpected.

Dinner at their extensive resteraunt.


No comments:

Post a Comment