Saturday, May 27, 2017

The last suitcase you will ever buy

I have been pondering buying a new suitcase for a while. I have a great duffel-style carry on that I got from Eddie Bauer on sale for a steal. I love this bag, but have coveted spinner wheels and perhaps a bit more packing versatility. This bag will remain my go-to for short trips, thought.

Before going to France last year, I bought a slightly bigger carry on bag. It's Samsonite, and I bought it from Marshall's for not very much money. I thought I might be getting a bargain, but instead, I got what I paid for. It's a nice bag, good size, expandable, fits a lot. But the handle you use to pull it is already, after less than a year, starting to get wobbly, and the spinner wheels require you to muscle the suitcase along so badly that I just drag it on the back two wheels anyway.

So, it's getting the job done, but is far from perfect.

I really want to find the last suitcase I'll ever buy, and I think today I did just that.

A friend recommend a company called Away Travel. They have minimal options, but what they do, they do really well. They have two sizes of carry on, and two sizes of larger suitcase, and that's it. All have a hard case, which is great because when I do check bags, inevitably they arrive at my destination full of wet, soggy clothes from sitting on the runway in the rain. Also, the hard case will protect a laptop, should I need to check my computer for a future trip.

The suitcase has a TSA-approved rechargeable battery which can connect to a USB port and charge all sorts of electronics (to provide some context, it can charge an iPhone 8 times). Compression straps, a shoe compartment, a laundry bag, and tons of internal space make this bag really versatile.

I can't decide if the best part is the lifetime warranty or the 100 day return guarantee. You can use the thing and still return it within 100 days if you find it isn't right for you.

I realize I sound like an ad for Away Travel; I swear they are not paying me to write this. I just really love great travel gear.

You can share the joy of the perfect suitcase as well! Use this link to purchase your new best suitcase for $20 off!

I'll be sure to post photos of  mine when it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment