Saturday, April 1, 2017

Peabody Mill - An Afternoon Hike

I live an hour to an hour and a half away from points in the White Mountains. There is some great hiking up there, but I am inexperienced and not a fool so I do not hike there alone. Since I don't yet have a network where I have hiking buddies, I continuously look for ways to get outside on the weekends without risking my life.

Not too far from where I live is a wildlife preserve type area called Peabody Mill. There is an education center, plus lots of hiking (and snowshoeing, if you do that sort of thing) trails. There are also hunters in the fall, prompting lots of signs at the education center reminding hikers to wear their orange. That gave me pause.

There are enough different trails to keep every trip a little different, and the place is close enough that I can go on a weekend and enjoy being outside. Here are a few pictures of an outing from last fall.





Can you guess what made the holes?

No comments:

Post a Comment