Monday, September 19, 2016

Travel tips

My two latest finds:

1. I am forever trying to find the perfect travel shoe. My criteria: comfortable enough to walk all day in it, but not a true athletic shoe because that screams "American tourist" wherever I go. I may have found it. I recently bought a pair of converse low tops, and I was concerned they may not work for my semi-flat feet, but they are actually super comfortable. I wore them on a longish walk last night, plus most of the day for some errands, plus the day before while I toured a local garden, and I could keep walking and walking and walking in those shoes. I can't wait to try them on an actual trip. 
They retail for about $65. They only come in whole sizes so if you're a half size (like me), go down to the next lowest whole size.

2. On a recent trip, I saw a woman clip her water bottle to the magazine pocket in the seat back in front of her. I was dumbfounded - so genius! The water bottle never has a place to go. It never fits in my bag, I never have a place for it once on the plane, it's so annoying. Plus I hate spending $4 a bottle on airport water but didn't want to take a reusable bottle because mine aren't designed to be thrown in a bag and sweat and can leak if you don't keep them upright. 

So last night at Target I bought this 20oz bottle by CamelBak for $24.99. It's designed to be leak proof, and keep cold things cold for up to 24 hours (but says it's not meant for hot beverages, which I don't really understand). And did I mention it also shouldn't sweat, which will be great for when I do put it in my bag.

The best part is that I attached a carabiner ($3.99 for a package of two) to the handle so now I can clip it to my carry on bag (ANY carry on bag) and to the magazine pocket on the plane to have it handy! 

I can't wait to try this one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment