Saturday, July 30, 2016

Rail trail ride

I'm so excited to have finally found a great paved rail trail for biking! I've been looking for a while, but everything around here is either geared toward mountain biking or the paths are ridiculously short (1.2 miles? Why bother?).

There is 12ish mile trail that is flat, paved, shaded, and only 25 minutes away from me. Score!

I got there around 9:30 this morning. The weathered perfect. The trail was busy but not overcrowded. The other cyclists are polite, always signaling before passing, unlike the trail I used to ride at home.

I rode 9 miles out and then the 9 back and it took me about two hours or so. I went through a little town with an ice cream shop that I'll try on future visits. I saw two garter snakes and one big fat toad. I saw a man on one of these: 

And someone in one of these:


I saw a roller blader, who made me nostalgic because I gave away my in line skates when I moved, having not used them for years. Of course, now I have the perfect place to skate. Alas. 

I also saw a man with a little dog sticking his head out of the guy's saddle bag.

And did you know they making training wheels for full size bikes? I saw that, too. 

I look forward to many more bike outings on this trail! 







No comments:

Post a Comment